Monday, February 12, 2007

Meet Kate


Or Clair. Or Audrey. Or even Kenneth.

My friend Alanna sent me an e-mail with a link to this Oddcast.com sample.

It's great fun to type in song lyrics or poems and listen to Audrey (so far my favorite) recite them with lifelike vocal inflection and facial expressions. Want to be particularly freaked out? Feed Audrey a paragraph from your own blog and have her read it back to you. Oh, and her eyes follow your cursor.

I tried removing some punctuation and she didn't do as well, but it still wasn't THAT bad. And it's against my religion to try to type in misspelled words, so someone else will have to try that experiment.

Fun.

Freaky.

Fabulous!

WARNING: Apparently there's a limit to the number of times they'll let you play with it. I've been thanked for playing and have now been directed to, essentially, the sales department.

Drat!

1 comment:

Meowkaat said...

OMG. I LOVE this thing! I want one so bad! But ten bucks a month for a talking cartoon... I can't justify it yet... if I figure out a way to do so, you'll be the first to know.