Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Homage to Molly

Tall Son is working on phase 3 of a four-phase kitchen remodel, about which I will eventually blog. I was storing the photos we took yesterday of the project and then started looking through the others. Among them for reasons unknown was a photo of Molly, dead now for more than a year.

I really like it on so many levels, not the least of which is that its subject is Molly. At the time this was taken (the date on it is wrong because I didn't realize for some time that I had to reset the date every time I change my camera batteries), she would have already had the cancer that killed her, even though neither of us knew that, so her sleeping half in shadow comes off as quite metaphoric. Then there are a lot of compositional issues that I can only partly articulate (since I'm no expert), so I won't try. But I like the photo. I think it needs worldwide exposure. So here it is.



(I'm not sure a small version of it does it justice, but of course you can click it to make it bigger.)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My heart just broke a little.

kkryno said...

Oh, Bitty. She looks so sweet.
Thanks for sharing your Little Love with all of us.

V.

Bee said...

Your picture of Molly (the shadow; the cancer) made me think of Paul Newman. I just read about his death. Still, I don't think it's disrespectful to Molly -- because I can't think of better company to keep than Paul Newman.

I hope you are keeping well, Bitty.

kkryno said...

Bitty,
Just checking to see if you're doing okay.
All of your friends here in the blog-world miss you.
Love, Vikki.