Saturday, August 27, 2005

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!

Creature of habit that I am, I moseyed on down to Cracker Barrel this evening. Saturday's vegetable of the day is lima beans, so there's my motivation.

The "old timer" (whom I heard dubbed thus by a woman one evening some months back, a woman who clearly had 10 years on him) was set up on the porch, playing his country/folk music. I sat and listened and rocked a while. I'm not up on that genre, so as far as I knew, he could have been making it all up as he went along, except for "Rocky Top" and "I Go to Pieces." Those I knew. The man has talent, and talent I appreciate, "my" kind of music or not.

Eventually my hunger inspired me to go on inside and have a meal. Once in the door I was greeted by yet another genre of music, as "Frosty the Snowman" called to me from a music box set beside a fully-decorated, twinkly-lighted Christmas tree.

Well, it is only 88 degrees outside this evening.

Happy Christmas to one and all!

No comments: