Tuesday, January 17, 2006

I hate when this happens

My checking account has a mystery post: I spent $6.82 "at" Compass Group. I have no idea what that is. Most of my check card transactions use names that are self-explanatory: IHOP (never again...too much money for too little food and really horrendous service), My Grocery Store; My Gas Station; Home Depot (a/k/a My Second Home).

Time to dig out the receipts. I thought I had everything written down. But why can't names that vendors use with banks jibe with names they use when they sell us the stuff? Please?

2 comments:

Bitty said...

Well then that really stinks (thank you so much for doing far more research on it than I have so far!!) because the on-campus eateries operate under another name as well, Chartwell's, and I had a charge processed from Chartwell's on the same day.

I don't need this level of confusion.

And that amount would then make sense.

Bitty said...

This explains why they offer Au Bon Pain soup. It doesn't explain why they rarely offer the flavors I like. (Cheese & broccoli--never...clam chowder--on Fridays, when I'm rarely here)

I don't care whether they call themselves Chartwells (the name we know) or Compass, but they ought to at least be consistent, since I'm only visiting one shop.

You're just too smart, mister! (Thanks for the help.)