Sunday, October 02, 2005

Maybe reality isn't all it's cracked up to be

I've been engaged in a lot of reflection over the last few days, and I'm thinking that Bushco might actually be on to something.

Reality stinks; fantasy is much more fun.

I'm thinking that for the near future, I'd rather live by the "if-I-say-it's-so-it-is-so" credo.

Therefore:

This is a world in which the evil and selfish get their just punishment, just as the good and compassionate get rewarded.

This is a world in which people use their brains to figure out the difference. In fact, this is a world in which people use their brains regularly, all in the service of good.

This is a world in which the spirit and message of the ten commandments mean something. That is, "the ten commandments" are not a symbol of rigidity and intolerance but instead some rather fine words of wisdom.

This is a world in which "worth" and "money" have no direct connection. That is, a person does not have "worth" simply by virtue (pun intended) of having money.

This is a world in which no one suffers just because he or she was born with the "wrong" kind of body and/or in the "wrong" part of the world.

This is a world in which none of the personal and work-related issues I've discussed below exist.

I may or may not blog much over the next few weeks. To blog, for me anyway, means to face reality. And I'm not much into that right now.

Peace.

No comments: